We are working on going through our fire inspection.
One of the items we need is a Certificate of Occupancy.
We have the previous owner’s certificates.
You can see them here:
I was referred by the city of Akron to Summit County Building Standards.
They told me to talk with:
Telephone: (330) 630-7077
Fax: (330) 630-7296
She then referred me to
Chief Building Official
Telephone: (330) 630-7287
Fax: (330) 630-7296
Mobile Phone Number: (330) 631-3411
He said that I would need to get an architect to do a building evaluation.
This is where things get a little tricky.
The words: “architect, building, evaluation” sound expensive.
I’m not certain how much that might be. But perhaps we could make some sort of arrangement.
Some things we could offer you include:
- Our adoring love and appreciation. (Seriously, helping the homeless is SUPER sexy right now. Your cool points would go WAY up in the community.)
- The knowledge that you are saving the homeless from an impending winter without any place to go.
- A trade for digital marketing and Web development work (I happen to be pretty handy in those areas.)
- Online advertising on the world’s most popular search engine. (I’m not allowed to mention their name. But they give us advertising money to spend as a 501(c)3 that helps the homeless. Like A LOT of money.)
- Or something else of your choosing.
We do have some money. But money isn’t our strong suit right at the moment.
Mark Shenot said that the top floor shouldn’t be too difficult. It is just standard offices.
But the lower level, where we have our homeless drop in center (no one lives in there), laundry, pantry, etc has never had a certificate of occupancy before.
So that’s where you come in. We need a building evaluation by an architect to tell the county if what we are doing is acceptable.
There you have it.
If you are an architect or happen to know an architect and helping the homeless get out of the woods, get off drugs and alcohol and being part of one the most innovative homeless programs in the country interest you PLEASE contact me.
You can call me on my cell: 330-416-7519
Or you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you SO SO much!!!