The support we have gathered from you has allowed us to:
- Serve over 300 individual homeless people in Northeast Ohio in the past 2 years with over 100 of them being our residents at tent city
- Get over 40 homeless people from our village into housing (not counting the upcoming 43)
- Acquire 4 grants in our first year of official operation
- Garner local newspaper and TV attention
- Receive 1 million dollars in pro bono legal service from a respected national law firm, The Institute for Justice.
Your future donations will:
Continue to run our day center in downtown Akron’s Middlebury neighborhood offers three meals a day, a food bank, laundry facilities, showers, bathrooms, internet cafe, drug rehab classes and meetings, a makers school and storage for belongings.
Continue outreach to keep giving away, free of charge, clothes, household items, tents, tarps, blankets, heaters, propane, toiletries and more.
Acquire, Improve and Maintain Houses through the Akron Land Bank for those on waiting lists for housing.
Acquire & Maintain Shuttle Service to better serve those who remain in, and will be returned to, the woods. We want to be able to gather them and bring them to our day center each day in the cold winter and spring months. We also want to run a shuttle for newly housed homeless, so they do not feel isolated and alone in their new homes and can continue to benefit from our health and addiction services and the support of the Day Center community.